India and Germany have signed around 18 agreements and memorandum of understanding (MoUs) in various sectors.
These agreements were signed at the end of third edition of Indo-German Inter-governmental Consultations (ICG) in New Delhi.
The Indo-German ICG was co-chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his visiting counterpart German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Some important agreements signed are
- Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) on Languages: It seeks to promote German as a foreign language in India and promote modern Indian Languages in Germany.
- MoU on Solar Energy: Seeks to promote Indo-German Development Cooperation for Indo-German Solar Energy Partnership.
- Joint MoU on Skill Development: Boost cooperation in the Field of Skill Development and Vocational Education and Training.
- MoU on Security Cooperation: It was signed between Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Federal Ministry of the Interior of Germany.
- MoU on Aviation Security: It was signed between Union Ministry of Civil Aviation and Federal Ministry of the Interior.
- JDI on Disaster Management: It was signed between Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Federal Ministry of the Interior of Germany.
- Joint Declaration on IGSTC: It was signed between Union Ministry of Science and Technology and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research for extending the tenure of the Indo-German Science and Technology Centre (IGSTC).
- MoU on Higher Education: seeks to promote Indo-German Partnerships in Higher Education (IGP).
- JDI on Plant Protection Products: It was signed between Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (MoA&FW) and the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL).
- JDI in the field of Railways: Seeks further Development of the Cooperation in the Field of Railways both countries.
- MoU in the field of manufacturing: It was signed between Department of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises and Fraunhofer Society of Germany.