2016 BRICS Convention on Tourism begins in Madhya Pradesh
The 2016 BRICS Convention on Tourism has begun at UNESCO World heritage site Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh to promote intra-regional tourism.
The two day convention was inaugurated by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Tourism and Culture. The convention has been organised as a precursor to the BRICS Summit to be held in Goa in October 2016.
- In this two day convention, delegates from the BRICS countries viz. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa are participating.
- It will consists of inter- Governmental exchange of views and ideas, panel discussions on technology, innovation in Tourism.
- Besides, it will primarily focus on cooperation between the BRICS countries for promoting intra-regional tourism.
- Besides, Business to Business (B2B) meetings between the India Travel Trade and their counterparts from the BRICS countries will also be organised.
- During the convention, elements of culture, handicrafts and cuisine from different regions of India will be showcased.
Khajuraho Temple: It is a group of Hindu and Jain Temples in Madhya Pradesh build by Chandela Dynasty between 950 and 1050 AD. It is an UNESCO World heritage Site.