7th India, Seychelles joint military exercise LAMITYE 2016 begins
The 7th edition of India, Seychelles joint military exercise LAMITYE 2016 has begun in Victoria, Seychelles.
The fourteen day exercise has been conducted at Seychelles Defence Academy (SDA), Victoria till February 28, 2016.
- This edition of joint military exercise will be concluding phase of the drill. It will be incorporating a tactical exercise to review the standards of interoperability achieved by both the contingents.
- Representation: Indian Army contingent will comprise an infantry platoon and representatives from the Special Forces.
- While, the Seychelles People’s Defence Forces (SPDF) will be represented by 20 personnel from Tazar (Special Forces Unit) and 32 from Seychelles Infantry.
- India and Seychelles have been conducting joint military drill ‘Exercise Lamitye’ since 2001. Lamitye in Creole (local dialect of Seychelles) means friendship
- The exercise is conducted biennially with the aim of enhancing military cooperation and interoperability between the two countries.
Categories: Defence Current Affairs 2017