Ashok Chawla appointed as new Chairman of TERI
Former IAS officer Ashok Chawla has been appointed as Chairman of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
He was selected by the Governing Council of TERI and shall succeed noted scientist B V Sreekantan. Besides he also has been appointed as Chairman of TERI’s Governing Council
Ashok Chawla is former Union Finance Secretary and former Chairman of the Competition Commission of India (CCI). He was IAS officer of 1973 batch of Gujarat cadre.
About The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
- TERI is a non-profit research institution that conducts research work in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development.
- Established in 1974 as Tata Energy Research Institute and was renamed The Energy and Resources Institute in 2003.
- Focus: It aims to focus on formulating local and national level strategies for shaping global solutions to critical issues.
- Presently, it has over 1200 employees especially research professionals from different disciplines pertaining to issues of environment and energy.
- In 2013, it was ranked as the topmost global think-tank by the International Centre for Climate Governance (ICCG).
Categories: Persons in News 2017