Beatles Producer George Henry Martin passes away
The legendary music producer George Henry Martin passed away in Wiltshire, England. He was 90.
He was popularly known as the fifth Beatle as he had signed the rock band Beatles and became their indispensable mentor and collaborator.
About George Henry Martin
- Born on 3 January 1926 in Highbury, London, England.
- He was an English record producer, composer, audio engineer, conductor, arranger, and musician.
- He had served as producer, collaborator and mentor to members of Beatles viz. John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.
- During his six-decade career in the music industry, he had produced almost all of the recordings of the Beatles’ and also worked with other bands and singers.
- Awards and Honours: He has won 6 Grammy Awards in various categories between 1967 and 2007.
- He was made a Knight Bachelor in 1996 in recognition of his services to the music industry and popular culture.
- He holds Guinness World Records as the most successful producer ever, with more than 50 No. 1 hit records in the US and UK over the five decades period.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017