Mumbai Indians (MI) on 24 May 2015 won the eight edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2015 by defeating Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
In the final match played at Eden Gardens, Kolkata they defeated CSK by 41 runs. CSK had won the toss in final summit had chosen bowl first. MI by batting first had set the target of 202 to their opponent team. However the CSK failed to reach the target score.
This is the second IPL title triumph for MI after their maiden win in the season six in 2013. It should be noted that Chennai has now lost four finals of 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015 in six appearances and had won in 2011 and 2012 IPL seasons.
Brief score: MI 202-5 in 20.0 Overs (Lendl Simmons 68, Rohit Sharma 50, Dwayne Bravo 2-36) beat CSK 161-8 in 20.0 Overs (Dwayne Smith 57, Mitchell McClenaghan 3-25).
Man of the Match: Rohit Sharma.
Captains of the two teams
- Mumbai Indains: Rohit Sharma.
- Chennai Super Kings: Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Other highlights of IPL 2015
- Player of the Tournament: Andre Russell (KKR).
- Orange Cap awarded to: David Warner (Sunrisers Hyderabad).
- Purple Cap awarded to: Dwayne Bravo (CSK).
- Emerging Player of the Season: Shreyas Iyer (Delhi Daredevils).
- Most Valuable Player: Andre Russell (KKR).
About Mumbai Indians
Mumbai Indians (MI) is owned by India’s biggest conglomerate, Reliance Industries led by Mukesh Ambani through its 100% subsidiary IndiaWin Sports.
Ownership of MI: IndiaWin Sports Pvt Ltd (Stake: 98.3%), Teesta Retail Pvt Ltd. (Stake: 1.7%).