CCEA approves Ghatampur Thermal Power Project in Uttar Pradesh
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for installation of Ghatampur Thermal Power Project (GTPS) in Ghatampur, Uttar Pradesh.
The GTPC project has capacity of 1980 MW (3 X 660 MW) and would be installed through a Joint Venture (JV) Company named Neyveli Uttar Pradesh Power Limited (NUPPL).
- NUPPL is formed jointly by Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC) and Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL).
- The project will be implemented at an estimated cost of 17,237.8 crore rupees including Interest During Construction component of 3,202.42 crore rupees.
- The commissioning of Unit I, II and III of the plant will be in 52 months, 58 months and 64 months respectively from starting date.
- The power generated by the GTPS (about 14000 MU/annum) will mainly be supplied to Uttar Pradesh.
- Besides, Union Ministry of Coal has already allotted Pachwara South coal block in Jharkhand State for meeting the coal requirement of the GTPS.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017