Minister for Labour and Employment, Planning and Development, Ajay Kumar Sadhotra has said that Sher-e-Kashmir Employment and Welfare Programme for Youth (SKEWPY) is a right initiative to address the unemployment problem in Jammu and Kashmir.
What is SKEWPY?
In J&K the problem of unemployment is at alarming levels and is a matter of serious concern for the Central as well as State govt. To tackle this problem the state announced policy on Employment to simultaneously and comprehensively address all issues relating to the problem of unemployment in the state. The policy was launched on the 5th December, 2009, the 105th birthday of the great visionary of the state, the Sher-e-Kashmir, Sheikh Mohammed Abdullah Sahib and hence named as ," The Sher-E-Kashmir Employment & Welfare Programme for the Youth" (SKEWPY).
The 2nd spot was held by Salman Khan, while Indian cricket skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni stood at the 3rd place in the list.
Top 3 earners during October 2011 to September 2012:
- Shah Rukh Khan- Rs 202.8 crore.
- Salman Khan – Rs 144.2 crore
- Dhoni – Rs 135.16 crore
The list considered factors such as celebrities’ income (from the business of entertainment) and fame (as measured by media mentions, online presence and social media followers) in the duration b/w October 1, 2011 and September 30, 2012. The celebrities were positioned across 8 categories — film actors, directors, sport stars, TV personalities, singers/musicians, authors, models and comedians.
As per Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), India would test fire sub-sonic, medium range cruise missile Nirbhay in Feb 2013. The missile is being developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), a DRDO lab.
- All-weather low-cost medium-range cruise missile with stealth and high accuracy.
- Range of 1,000 km.
- It will carry a ring laser gyroscope for high-accuracy navigation and a radio altimeter for the height determination.
- Capable of being launched from multiple platforms on land, sea and air and shall be inducted into Indian Navy, Army, and Air Force.
- Capable of carrying nuclear warheads.
- Capable of flying at different altitudes ranging from 500 m to 4 km above the ground.
- Good loitering capability, control and guidance with high degree of accuracy for maximum impact.
- Nirbhay will supplement the Brahmos cruise missile by carrying warheads beyond the 300-km range.