Delhi Police launches ‘Operation Milap’ scheme
Delhi Police have launched ‘Operation Milap’ scheme. This noble scheme aims at uniting missing children with their parents.
- This scheme has been launched by the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit (AHTU) of the Crime Branch of Delhi Police.
- Under this scheme, AHTU will carry out special drive to check all the Children Homes in the national capital. They will try to match the children’s record with the available data of missing/kidnapped children with the police.
- During this special drive, Crime Branch officials will try to make all out efforts to get any clue about their parents/home so that they can be restored properly.
- They will also take help of local police who have being asked to screen and document all the children residing in the shelter homes, railway platforms, bus stands, roads, religious places, etc.
- Photographic database of these children will be undertaken by the concerned police officials to link them properly.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017