Economist Bibek Debroy takes over as member of NITI Aayog
Economist Bibek Debroy has taken over as the full-time member of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog.
- He has been working as a professor at the Centre for Policy Research in New Delhi.
- Previously he has worked as Director of the Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies and as a Consultant in Finance Ministry in various capacities.
- He was also the Chairman of High Powered Committee of the restructuring on Railways.
- He has been associated with a number of prestigious institutes in the field of academics. It includes Presidency College Kolkata Delhi School of Economics Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, the National Council of Applied Economic Research, Trinity College, Cambridge, and institute for South Asian Studies , Singapore.
- He has authored several books, papers and articles on Economic issues. He also has authored a ten-volume unabridged English translation of the Hindu epic the Mahabharata.
Earlier on 5 January 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had appointed Bibek Debroy along with Scientist V K Saraswat as full time member of NITI Aayog.
Categories: Persons in News 2017