Government orders inclusion of 13 central laws within purview of Land Acquisition Act 2013
Union Government has issued an executive order to include 13 Central Acts under the purview of Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (RFCTLARR) Act , 2013.
This inclusion will extend benefits related to determination of compensation, resettlement and rehabilitation to all cases related to land acquisition under the 13 central acts which were earlier kept out in the RFCTLARR Act, 2013.
The order issued removes difficulties clause (Section 113) in the Land Acquisition Act 2013 which earlier had exempted 13 central acts.
- Railways Act, 1989.
- Electricity Act, 2003.
- Atomic Energy Act 1962.
- Indian Tramways Act 1886.
- Land Acquisition (Mines) Act 1885.
- National Highways Act 1956.
- Damodar Valley Corporation Act 1948.
- Petroleum and Minerals Pipelines Act 1962.
- Metro Railways (Construction of Works) Act 1978.
- Coal Bearing Areas Acquisition and Development Act 1957.
- Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property Act, 1948.
- Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act 1958.
Categories: Bills and Acts in Current Affairs 2017