Gujarat government announces new industrial policy for 2015
Gujarat government has announced its new industrial policy for 2015. It was announced by Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel ahead of the Vibrant Gujarat Summit which begins from January 11, 2015.
This industrial policy aims to make state a global manufacturing hub by playing a pivotal role in realising Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ dream.
Key facts of Gujarat Government’s industrial policy for 2015
- This policy will focus on key areas like infrastructure development, simplification of labour laws and motivation of new innovations through technology transfer.
- It seeks to cater and provide opportunities to around 60 per cent of Gujarat’s population which is between the age group of 15 years and 59 years.
- It aims to create a business friendly environment and motivate ‘start-ups’ through this new policy. It will prepare these people to start their own businesses instead of merely looking for job opportunities.
- Besides, it will also give special focus on incentives for youth, women, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and handicapped entrepreneurs.
- It will also provide assistance to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) sector for upgrading technology.
- It focuses to reduce pollution by promoting use of clean and green energy as well as setting up zero-effluent discharge plants.
- This policy seeks to boost value addition in these existing resources, which will create new jobs and reduce imports as industries like auto components, engineering, drugs, cement and chemicals already have flourished in state.
- Special incentives will be given to set up new businesses in sectors like garments, apparel, agro and food processing.
Categories: Business & Economy Current Affairs 2017