Hunar Haat inaugurated at 2016 India International Trade Fair
The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs for the first time had inaugurated Hunar Haat (Skill Haat) at India International Trade Fair (2016) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
It is aimed at promoting and supporting artisans from Minority communities and providing them domestic as well as international market for display and sell their products.
- The Hunar Haat exhibition has been organised by the National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC) under “USTTAD” scheme
- In it about 184 master artisans from across the country are showcasing their traditional art and skills at about 100 stalls at the international platform.
- It seeks to provide an excellent platform to artisans belonging to Minority communities from across nation to display their art and skills before domestic and international visitors.
About USTTAD scheme
- USTTAD stands for Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development. It was launched by the Union Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- The scheme aims at preserving and promoting the rich heritage of the traditional arts & crafts of the Minority communities.
- In the light of globalisation & competitive market, these crafts have gradually lost their employability.
- It also envisages at boosting the skill of craftsmen, weavers and artisans who are already engaged in the traditional ancestral work.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017