India-Africa Forum Summit adopts framework for strategic cooperation & Delhi Declaration
The Third India and Africa Forum Summit (IAFS) has adopted a Delhi Declaration 2015 and India-Africa Framework for Strategic Cooperation.
These agreements were adopted at the conclusion of third Summit which was attended by India and all 54 African countries in New Delhi.
- Calls for continued collaboration in the fields of peace and security between India and Africa.
- Provide a concrete foundation for the consolidation of our strategic partnership between both sides.
- Enhance cooperation for strengthening of UN counter terrorism mechanism.
- Enhance cooperation and coordination to combat terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
India Africa Framework for Strategic Cooperation
- Reaffirmed strong commitment to work together for comprehensive reforms of the United Nations system, including its UN Security Council.
- Make these world governing institutions more regionally representative, democratic, accountable and effective.
- Agreed to establish Small and Medium Enterprises and Medium and Small Industries to promote income generation and employment creation for people of both sides.
- Ensure access to affordable and quality treatment and medicines, particularly generic medicines to people of both sides.
Third India-Africa Forum Summit (IAFS) was the largest international gathering of leaders in New Delhi after the 1983 Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit. It was also one of the largest gatherings of African countries outside Africa as all 54 nations of the continent had participated.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017