India, Japan to cooperate on cyber security and ICT
India and Japan have decided to cooperate in the fields of Cyber security and Green Information & Communication Technology (ICT). This decision was announced after India-Japan Joint Working Group Meeting on ICT held at New Delhi.
Joint Working Group Meeting on ICT between two countries announced to work and implement following five areas-
- Green ICT– Green Mobile Base Station project.
- Cyber Security Cooperation– Japan-India Combat Spam project.
- Cooperative project for detecting symptoms and quick response to cyber-attacks (PRACTICE).
- ICT for Disaster Management (ICT4DM) – Use ICT in disaster-affected areas projects.
- ICT Application for Social and Economic Challenges– National ID Application and Utilization Platform project.
In India, Ministry for Communication and Information Technology (MCIT) while in Japan, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication (MIC), will coordinate the activities for taking these projects forward by involving industrial partners in both the countries. Both countries also aim towards implementation of these joint projects by early 2015.
The two countries also decided to further discuss development of standards in the field of ICT, for future cooperation.
Further, India had also offered Japan to manufacture ICT equipment in India by taking advantage of new conducive environment under Make in India Campaign.
Categories: International Current Affairs 2017