India ranks 119 on 2015 FM Global Resilience Index
In recently released 2015 FM Global Resilience Index, India has been ranked a low 119 out of 130 countries.
India despite having scope and global potential was ranked 119 compared to 112th rank in 2014 Global Resilience Index.
Top 10 Countries- Norway (1), Switzerland (2), Netherlands (3), Ireland (4), Luxembourg (5), Germany (6), Qatar (7), Canada (8), Finland (9) and United States (10).
Bottom 4 countries- Dominican Republic (126), Nicaragua (127) Kyrgyz Republic (129) and Venezuela (130).
Facts about India’s ranking
- India is ranked 115 position on the economic parameter that takes into account GDP, political risk and oil intensity. This rank is same as in year 2014.
- In the risk quality factor, India is ranked 109 for its quality of natural hazard and fire risk management. In this parameter, India has shown slight improvement from its 113th rank in 2014.
- In the supply chain category that looks at corruption control, local supplier quality and infrastructure, India is ranked 89th position. In this category, India has fallen 11 spots from the previous year 2014.
About FM Global Resilience Index
- The Index measures business resilience of 130 nations. It is based on economic, risk quality and supply chain factors.
- The higher ranking of country in this index indicates that it is best suited for companies seeking to avoid disruptions in their global supply chain operations.
Categories: Business & Economy Current Affairs 2017