“India at Risk” Mr. Jaswant Singh’s book launched
Former External Affairs Minister, Mr. Jaswant Singh released a book titled, “ India at Risk – Mistakes, Misconceptions and Misadventures of security policy”. The book is on 60 years of Indian security issues.
About the book “India at Risk”
Throws a light on various events that took place during his appointments as minister of External Affairs and Minister of Defence viz. hijacking of IC 814 to Kandahar-1999, the Kargil war, the Operation Parakaram 2011, etc.
Also includes history events viz. Indo-China wars, the Indo-Pak war, Kargil, the Emergency, etc.
From Kandahar to Pakistan, Mr Singh reveals what really happened as India faced grave security challenges.
Overall, the book brings forth the mistakes, misconception and misadventures of Indian security policy for past 60 years and way forward.
About Mr. Jaswant Singh
- Belongs to the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- During the NDA regime (1998 to 2004): Had many portfolios in the national cabinet viz. Finance, External Affairs and Defense.
- From 2004 to 2009: Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha.
- From 1998–99: Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission of India.
- Known for his moderate political views, he is a self-described liberal democrat even though the Bharatiya Janata Party is often described as a right-wing nationalist organization.
- At present, Mr. Singh representing Darjeeling parliamentary constituency in the 15th Lok Sabha.
- “India at Risk” is his eleventh book in English. In addition, he has written eleven books in Dingal, two in Hindi and one in French.