India, Russia sign 16 agreements across diverse sectors
India and Russia have signed 16 agreements across diverse sectors including in defence, infrastructure, energy, space, ship building sectors etc.
They were signed following delegation-level talks co-chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin during the 17th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit in Goa.
Some of the signed agreements are
- Agreement on cooperation in International Information Security.
- MoU for expansion of bilateral trade and economic cooperation.
- Shareholder agreement for establishing a Joint Venture to manufacture Ka-226T helicopter in India.
- MoU for developing smart cities in Andhra Pradesh and Haryana and for developing transport logistics systems for such cities.
- MoU between Gazprom and Engineers India Limited (EIL) for the joint study of a gas pipeline to India from Russia and other areas of cooperation.
- Cooperation Agreement between Rosneft Oil Company and ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) in the area of Education and Training.
- MoU for setting up an investment fund of $1 billion by the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) and the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF).
- MoU for Cooperation between Russian and Indian Railways in increasing the speed of trains between Nagpur- Hyderabad/ Secundrabad.
- MoU between ROSCOSMOS and ISRO on Mutual Allocation of Ground Measurement Gathering Stations for NAvIC and GLONASS.
- Inter-governmental agreements (IGAs) for the procurement of S-400 Air Defence System and construction of 1135.6 series of frigates.
- MoU between India’s Department of Science and Technology and Russia’s Federal Agency for Scientific Organisations.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017