India-Sri Lanka Joint Military Exercise MITRA SHAKTI 2015 begins in Pune
India-Sri Lanka joint military exercise MITRA SHAKTI 2015 has begun at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
It is third edition of the joint training exercise between both countries that seeks to build Military to Military co-operation and interoperability.
- Aim of MITRA SHAKTI 2015 Exercise is to share the best military practices between the two Armies and promote healthy military to military relations.
- It also seeks to develop joint strategies between the two Armies by sharing expertise of conducting operations.
- The 14 days exercise’s basic objective is to enhance confidence and trust between the two militaries and engage in anti-terrorism operations including those under the UN mandate.
- It will contribute immensely in developing mutual understanding and respect between armies of both nations.
- It will seek to tap the rich repository of experience of each other and extract maximum learning value from the joint training.
- It will also enrich the two contingents in further honing basic military skills and form different levels of the military to military engagement across the entire spectrum of operations.
It should be noted that this Joint Military Exercise is considered as an important step to uphold the values of Peace, Prosperity and Stability in the South Asia region.
Categories: Defence Current Affairs 2017