India tops Credit Suisse emerging consumer scorecard 2015
India has topped in the list of Credit Suisse emerging consumer scorecard 2015, among the 9 emerging economies.
This scorecard was prepared by fifth annual Emerging Consumer Survey by the Credit Suisse Research Institute.
- The survey had interviewed consumers across nine emerging economies including Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Turkey.
- Ranking of other countries: Brazil (2nd), Indonesia (3rd), Saudi Arabia (4th), China (5th), Turkey (6th), Mexico (7th), Russia (8th) and South Africa (9th).
- This survey had profiled the consumer sentiment and its drivers across the emerging world. Thus, providing insights regarding consumer sentiment and future consumption patterns in emerging economies.
- As per the survey, the formation of a strong government at the centre in India had triggered a major revival of consumer sentiment in 2014.
- It also mentioned that, e-commerce share in India have increased to 32 per cent from 20 per cent in 2013.
- In 2014 survey, India was placed at fourth position.
Categories: Business & Economy Current Affairs 2017