India, UAE ink 9 bilateral agreements for cooperation in various sectors
India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) have signed 9 bilateral agreements covering cooperation in the various sectors.
These agreements were signed during the second day of Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi official visit to India.
Some Agreements are
- MoU on Technical Cooperation in Cyber Space and Combating Cyber Crime: Provides common platforms for both countries for technical cooperation in Cyber Space and in the area of Combating Cyber Crime.
- MoU for Participation institutional investors in Infrastructure Investments: It will help to establish a framework to facilitate participation of UAE institutional investors in Infrastructure Investments in India.
- General Framework Agreement on Renewable Energy Cooperation: Provides for bilateral cooperation through investments, extensive projects, cooperation in R & D in renewable, knowledge sharing platforms and clean energy.
- MoU in the Exploration and use of Outer Space for Peaceful Purposes: Framework for cooperation in space technology, science and applications including satellite communication, remote sensing and satellite based navigation.
- MoU on Bilateral Currency Swap Arrangement: Promotes currency swap arrangement between the RBI & Central Bank of UAE for bilateral financial relations.
- MoU on Trade: Facilitates both parties to exchange information on trade and business opportunities. It further facilitates procurement of Indian goods and services by UAE.
- MoU for bilateral cooperation in Insurance sector: Aims at promoting cooperation between in the field of insurance supervision and increasing mutual understanding through regulatory and relevant supervisory information exchange.
- Executive Programme for Cultural Cooperation (EPCC): Provides range of cultural exchange activities under the new EPCC from 2016 to 2018.
- Letter of Intent for skill development and recognition of qualifications: Provides collaboration on mutual recognition of qualifications and skill developments.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017