India, UAE sign 14 agreements
India and the UAE (United Arab Emirates) inked 14 agreements in various areas to boost bilateral cooperation between both countries.
These agreements were signed after delegation level talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and visiting Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan in New Delhi.
The Crown Prince who is Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces is on a three-day visit. He is chief guest of 2017 Republic Day Parade.
Agreements signed are
- MoU in agriculture and Allied sectors
- Agreement on Oil Storage And Management
- MoU for cooperation in programme exchange
- MoU on cooperation in the field of Defence Industry
- Agreement on Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
- MoU on Institutional Cooperation on Maritime Transport
- MoU on Mutual Recognition of Certificates of Competency
- MoU on cooperation in prevention and combating of human trafficking
- MoU on Bilateral Cooperation in the Road Transport and Highways Sector
- MoU on trade remedial measures to promote cooperation in areas of mutual interest
- MoU for the cooperation in the field of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and innovation
- MoU on mutual exemption of entry visa requirements to the holders of Diplomatic, special and Official Passports.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017