Indian golfer Rashid Khan won SAIL-SBI Open golf title 2014
Indian golfer, Rashid Khan(23) won the SAIL-SBI golf title 2014 against the Bangladeshi Siddikur Rahman at the Delhi Golf Club course in New Delhi. This was Rashid’s fifth career title and first international win. Owing to this win, Mr. Rashid became the 18th Indian to win an international tournament.
It was the third year in succession that an Indian won the SAIL-SBI Open.
Anirban Lahiri won the SAIL-SBI open for 2013 and 2012.
SAIL-SBI Open tournament
- Established: 2008, played annually.
- Prize: $300,000.
- A Golf tournament on the Asian Tour.
- Co-sanctioned by the Asian Tour and Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI).
- Sponsors: Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) and State Bank of India (SBI).
- Winner of Delhi Golf Culb 2014: Rashid Khan.
About Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI)
- Formed: 2006.
- Official body of professional golf in India.
- Objective: To promote professional golf in the country, as well as to give players an opportunity to be involved in the decision making on all aspects of the game.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017