Indian Railways launches Vikalp scheme for waitlisted passengers
Indian Railways has launched Vikalp scheme to facilitate waitlisted passengers to get an alternative train accommodation.
The scheme has been launched on pilot basis in trains running on Delhi-Lucknow and Delhi-Jammu sectors for 6 months and option will be limited to Mail and Express trains.
With this scheme, Indian Railways aim to achieve the twin objectives
- Providing confirmed accommodation to waitlisted passengers.
- Ensure optimal utilisation of available accommodation for these passengers.
Under this scheme
- Waitlisted passengers will get confirmed accommodation in next alternative train if they opt for it while booking their tickets online.
- Once they opt for it passengers will get SMS alert on their mobile phone about getting confirmed accommodation in alternative train.
- No extra charges will be paid passenger to avail this scheme or any refund provided for the difference of fare.
- In the alternative train, the name of passenger who has been provided accommodation will not figure in the waitlisted charts of their original train.
- A separate list of passengers transferred in alternative train will be pasted along with the confirmed and waitlist charts.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017