Indra Nooyi, 2nd powerful women in 2015 Fortune’s business list
Indra Nooyi, CEO of food and beverage giant PepsiCo is the sole Indian-origin executive in 2015 edition of Fortune’s list of 50 Most Powerful Women in Business.
India-born Nooyi was placed at second position in this year’s list and has moved up by single position from her previous third position in year 2015.
This edition of the list was topped by General Motors CEO Mary Barra. She heads United States largest auto-maker and it is her second year as head.
The list also includes
- Third position: Ginni Rometty, CEO of IBM.
- Fourth position: Marillyn Hewson, CEO, Chairman and President of Lockheed Martin.
- Fifth position: Ellen Kullman, CEO and Chairman of DuPont.
- Sixth position: Abigail Johnson, CEO and President of Fidelity Investments.
- Seventh position: Meg Whitman, CEO, Chairman and President of Hewlett-Packard (HP).
- Eight position: Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook.
- Ninth position: Irene Rosenfeld, CEO and Chairman of Mondelez International.
- Tenth position: Phebe Novakovic, CEO and Chairman of General Dynamics.
Categories: Persons in News 2017