Mahindra Aerostructures bags supply contract from Airbus
Mahindra Aerostructures, a subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra have bagged a Tier 1 supplier contract to supply airframe parts for Airbus’s AS565 MBe Panther helicopter.
With this, Mahindra Aerostructures becomes the first Indian company to receive a direct manufacturing contract from Airbus (European aviation major) as a Tier 1 supplier.
- The helicopter parts will be produced at Mahindra’s facility in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- They will be shipped directly to the Airbus Helicopter production line in Marignane, France.
- In this facility these parts will be integrated with the rest of the airframe assembly and will form a critical part of the Panther helicopters sold worldwide.
- Airbus Helicopters and Mahindra Defence are in the process of forming a joint venture (JV) to target India’s military helicopter programmes under the Make In India initiative.
- The JV will be formed for producing Naval Utility Helicopter, the Naval Multi-Role Helicopter and the Reconnaissance and Surveillance Helicopter for Indian Navy.
- It will play pivotal role in making blueprint that will piut India on the world map for military helicopter manufacturing.
Categories: Business & Economy Current Affairs 2017