Mother Teresa conferred with Founders Award posthumously in UK
Mother Teresa has been posthumously conferred with the United Kingdom’s prestigious Founders Award 2016.
Teresa’s only living relative Agi Bojazhiu (niece) collected the award on her behalf.
Other category recipients
- Community Service award: Rami Ranger, leading NRI entrepreneur and philanthropist.
- Business Leader of the Year award: Prakash Lohia, Chairman and co-founder of Indorama Corporation.
- Outstanding achievement in Television: Kunal Nayyar, actor from the hit American comedy series The Big Bang Theory.
- Outstanding Achievement in Cinema award: Asif Kapadia, oscar and BAFT-winning documentary-maker.
- Outstanding achievement in Sports award: Son Heung-Min, Tottenham Hotspurs football star of South Korea.
- Entrepreneur of the Year award: Anil Agrawal, founder and Executive Chairman of the metal and mining company, Vedanta Resources Corporation.
- Outstanding achievement in Science and Technology: Shuji Nakamura, inventor of the blue LED.
- Social Entrepreneur of the year accolade: Vikram Patel, the leading mental health researcher from India.
About Founders Award
- The award was launched in 2010 by Paul Sagoo, entrepreneur and founder of the Lemon group.
- It is bestowed upon persons within the global Asian community to recognise and reward their exemplary achievements.
- The award is presented across 14 categories that include business, philanthropy, entertainment, culture and sport.
Categories: Awards Current Affairs 2017