NITI Aayog, Intel India ink SoI to set up Atal Tinkering Lab Initiative for young innovators
The NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog has signed Statement of Intent (SoI) with tech giant Intel India to set up Atal Tinkering laboratories (ATL) under the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
The aim of Atal Tinkering laboratories is to cultivate adaptive learning and innovation skills among young minds in the country.
- Initially 10 laboratories will be established as part of total 500 laboratories. Intel India, subsidiary of US technology company Intel will invest $15 million for building and managing these 500 ATLs.
- These labs will foster young minds in adaptive learning, physical computing and developing a design mindset among students.
- They will also build relevant sets of skills among young minds and provide them access to technology that will enable solutions.
- These labs intend to impart innovation skills and skills for the future to the 2.50 lakh youths across 500 communities and schools.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- AIM is a flagship Innovation Promotion Platform of NITI Aayog, the think tank of Union Government for promotion of innovation and entrepreneurship in India.
- It involves academics, entrepreneurs and researchers from national and international levels to foster a culture of innovation, R&D and scientific research in India.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017