Noted Marathi author Anand Yadav passes away
Noted Marathi author Anand Yadav passed away in Pune, Maharashtra. He was 80.
His autobiography novel ‘Zombi’ had won him prestigious Sahitya Akadmi award in 1991. It is based story of a young boy, his loving mother, his life of utter poverty, and his eagerness to receive education.
About Anand Yadav
- He was born on November 30, 1935 in Kagal village near Kolhapur district.
- During his illustrious literally career, he has penned around 40 books which comprise collection of essays, criticism, poems among others.
- He had written book ‘Santsurya Tukaram’ based on Sant Tukaram, a 17th century saint poet from Maharashtra.
- He was elected president of the 82nd Akhil Bharatiya Sahitya Sammelan, the prestigious literary meet held in March 2009.
- Recently, famous Marathi movie Natrang (2010) was based on his novel with the same name.