Noted music director Rajamani passes away
Popular music director and composer Rajamani passed away due to cardiac arrest in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was 60.
He had predominantly worked in Malayalam film industry and had composed music for around 70 films.
- Rajamani was born into a family of Carnatic musicians and was the son of noted musician BA Chidambaranath.
- His first tryst with music happened at age of 13 after he had accompanied his father on a devotional album “Gangayar Pirakkunnu”.
- His first independent venture as composer and music director was in Tamil film Gramathu Kiligal (1983) and followed by Kalloori Kanavugal (1983).
- Rajamani made his Malayalam film debut with Nullinovikkaathe in 1985. His famous score music for Malayalam films are The King, Ekalavyan, Commissioner, Aram Thampuran and Narasimham.
- He had rendered background score for over 700 films and as a composer his last film was Malayalam romantic-drama Hide n’ Seek (2012).
Categories: Persons in News 2017