Novelist Jackie Collins passes away
British-American romance novelist Jackie Collins passed away on 19 September 2015 in California, United States. She was 77 and died due to stage 4 breast cancer.
About Jackie Collins
- Jacqueline Jill “Jackie” Collins was born on October 4, 1937 in London, England. She was the younger sister of actress Joan Collins.
- In her four decades of writing career, she had written more than 32 novels, all of them had appeared on The New York Times bestsellers list.
- Her books have sold over 500 million copies in 40 countries and have been translated into 40 languages.
- Her debut novel, The World Is Full of Married Men was published in 1968.
- Eight of her novels were adapted for the screen, either as television mini-series or films.
- Awards and Honours: She was honoured with Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 2013.
Categories: Persons in News 2017