Former Miss World, top notch model and a powerhouse performer, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (40)has voted the world’s fourth most beautiful woman in a recent poll conducted by online magazine Hollywood Buzz.
Aishwarya ranked fourth on the list of Top Thirty Most Beautiful Women after Italian actress Monica Belluci and American model-actress Kate Upton.
Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone are the only Indian women to feature in the list. Ms. Padukone ranked 29th in the list.
The poll conducted in December 2013 by Hollywood Buzz, listed the “Official Top 30 World’s Most Beautiful Women of 2014”. Over 4 million people across the world participated in the poll and selected the most intelligent, desirable and successful women of 2013-14.
The parameters of judging were based on intelligence, desirability and success.
Top Ten stunners that rule the list of the World’s Most Beautiful Women 2014:
- Monica Bellucci
- Kate Upton
- Angelina Jolie
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Irina Shayk
- Meryem Uzerli
- Charlize Theron
- Amber Heard
- Scarlet Johansson
The list of thirty also includes musicians Beyonce, Katy Perry and Rihanna, with a sprinkling of models viz.AdrianaLima, Irina Shayk and Miranda Kerr, etc. The list of thirty also includes musicians Beyonce, Katy Perry and Rihanna, with a sprinkling of models viz.AdrianaLima, Irina Shayk and Miranda Kerr, etc.
Yahoo Inc. broadcasted that usernames and passwords of its email customers have stolen and used to gather personal information for those Yahoo mail users who have recently corresponded with. The company didn’t say how many accounts have been affected.
- Danger: access to email accounts could lead to more serious breaches involving banking and shopping sites. This is because many people reuse passwords across many sites, and also because many sites use email to reset passwords.
- The company believes that the usernames and passwords weren’t collected from its own systems, but from a third-party database. It’s not clear why a third-party database would have information on Yahoo accounts.
- Yahoo is resetting passwords on affected accounts and has “implemented additional measures” to block further attacks.
Note: As per the research firm comScore, Yahoo is the second-largest email service worldwide, after Google’s Gmail. There are 273 million Yahoo mail accounts worldwide, including 81 million in the US.
Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh inaugurated the 101st Indian Science Congress at Jammu University, Jammu. The five-day (Feb 3-7, 2014) event will see deliberations and presentation of papers by the scientific fraternity from across the globe.
Dr. Singh stated that the country must increase its’ annual expenditure on science and technology to at least 2% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and the private sector must join hands with the government for an inclusive progress in science and technology.
Excerpts of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh’s speech
- India will partner with the international scientific community in establishment of the world’s major R&D projects.
- In the Gravitational Wave Experiment, India intends to host the third detector. A Neutrino-based Observatory is proposed to be established in Tamil Nadu at a cost of about Rs. 1450 crore.
- India would soon join, as an associate member, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, CERN, where international projects such as the research on ‘God Particle’ was going on.
- Favored genetically modified crops.
- Supported the scientists to engage more with society and explain socially productive applications of biotechnology and other alternatives.
- Announced the names of five eminent scientists, who have been selected for the recently instituted Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowship is open to scientists who are either Nobel Laureates or Fellows of the Royal Society, or members of the United States or French academies of science. The selected scientists are entitled to a fellowship of $1,00,000 and a research grant of Rs. 55 lakh. They will have to do research in an institution here for 12 months, which can be spent in installments over 3 years. The host institution would also get a grant of Rs. 10 lakh for providing laboratory and other facilities for the research.