PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 7th vibrant Gujarat summit
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 7th Vibrant Gujarat Summit in Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar.
- Inaugural ceremony was attended by United Nations General Secretary and US State Secretary John Kerry.
- Apart from them, several ministers from Europe, Japan, Australia and Canada and over 50 CEOs of top Indian as well as international companies attended it.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Ben Patel earlier had welcomed all head of states dignitaries, diplomats and deligates to the summit.
- This edition will be 3 day event, starting from 11 January and conclude on 13 January 2015.
- For the first time, eight countries Canada, Japan, China, Australia, the Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa and U.S. have become partner for the summit with State.
- This event is expected to bring in record investments to Gujarat. State government expects to sign over 20,000 Expression of Interest during the summit.
About Vibrant Gujarat Summit
- This mega business event is brainchild of PM Narendra Modi and had started it when he was Chief Minister of State.
- It is biennial event and started in 2003.
- The summit is advertised as a platform to understand and explore business opportunities in the State of Gujarat.
- It aims to provide single window platform to bring together business leaders, investors, corporations, thought leaders, policy and opinion makers.
- In previous six Vibrant Gujarat Summits, state government had signed MoUs worth Rs. 48 lakh crore.