PM Narendra Modi presents 2014-15 Krishi Karman Awards
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had conferred 2014-15 Krishi Karman Awards to various states in a ceremony held at New Delhi.
The awards were presented in two different categories viz. Total foodgrain production and Individual Crops.
Winner of Krishi Karman Awards 2014-15
Total foodgrain production: Total 5 winning states were awarded in different categories. Each state was awarded a trophy, a citation and a monetary prize of 5 crore rupees. These states are
- Madhya Pradesh: For production greater than 10 million tonnes in Category I States.
- Himachal Pradesh and Odisha: For production between 1 and 10 million tonnes in Category II States.
- Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya: For production less than 1 million tonnes in Category III States.
Individual Crops: Total 5 winning states were awarded a trophy, a citation and a monetary award of 2 crore rupees. These states are
- Haryana, Assam: Rice.
- Rajasthan: Wheat.
- Chhattisgarh: Pulses.
- West Bengal: Oil Seeds.
About Krishi Karman awards
- Krishi Karman awards are given to Best performer States for raising country’s food grain production.
- These awards were instituted in 2010-11 for recognising the meritorious efforts of the states in foodgrains production.
- It comprises of three awards for total food grain production and four awards for production of crops that constitute the food grain viz. rice, wheat, coarse cereals and pulses.
- The main objective of these awards is to motivate and encourage states to enhance production and productivity of wheat, rice, pulses and coarse cereals and oilseeds.
Categories: Awards Current Affairs 2017