PM Narendra Modi ranks 9th in 2015 Forbes’ World’s Most Powerful Person
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as World’s ninth Most Powerful Person in the Forbes annual ranking of 73 persons list of 2015.
The list gives the annual ranking of the World’s 72 Most Powerful People on the basis of their financial resources, scope and use of power and the number of people they impact.
- For the consecutive 3rd year, Russian President Vladimir Putin has been named the world’s most powerful person in the list.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel was ranked 2nd overtaking US President Barack Obama. She continues her reign as the most powerful woman on the planet for consecutive 10 years.
- Earlier, in the 2014 Forbes list of world’s powerful people, PM Narendra Modi was placed 14th position.
- Other Indians: Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani was placed at 36th position.
- Among Indian-origin people, steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal ranked 55th, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is ranked 61st.
- New comers in the list: Dell CEO Michael Dell (59), China’s richest man Wang Jianlin (68), newly elected Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (69), billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn (70) and US Presidential candidate Donald Trump (72).
10 most powerful people in the world
|1||Vladimir Putin||President of Russia|
|2||Angela Merkel||Chancellor of Germany|
|3||Barack Obama||President of United States|
|4||Pope Francis||Pope of the Roman Catholic Church, Vatican City|
|5||Xi Jinping||President of China|
|6||Bill Gates||Chairman of Bill & Melinda Foundation|
|7||Janet Yellen||Chairperson of US Federal Reserve|
|8||David Cameron||Prime Minister of UK|
|9||Narendra Modi||Prime Minister of India|
|10||Larry Page & Sergey Brin||Google founders|
|Indian’s in the List|
|36||Mukesh Ambani||Chairman of Reliance Industries|
|55||Lakshmi Mittal||Chairman and CEO ArcelorMittal|
|64||Satya Nadella||CEO of Microsoft|
About the Forbes list of World’s Most Powerful People
- Started in 2009 by Forbes magazine. Since then annually published.
- The list has one slot for every 100 million people on Earth, it that in 2011 there were 70, and in 2012 there were 71 slots. Similarly 2015 has 71 slots.
- Slots are allocated based on the amount of human and financial resources as well as their influence on world events.
Categories: Persons in News 2017