Popular Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani passes away
Renowned Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani passed away at Kochi, Kerala due to liver and kidney failure. He was 45.
He had had acted in over 200 films in Malayalam and other South Indian languages including Tamil, and Telugu films.
About Kalabhavan Mani
- Mani was born as Mani Raman Chenathunad Kunnisseri Veettil on 1 January 1971 in Chalakudy, Kerala.
- He had started his career as a mimicry artist with the Kalabhavan troupe, a centre for learning performing arts.
- He had entered Malayalam film industry as a comedian, later became an active artiste in South Indian films. He is best known for essaying character of villain roles.
- His first serious role was in the film was in Vasanthiyum Lakhsmiyum Pinne Njaanum.
- He was also a singer and his first album was Kannimanga Prayathil. Folk songs rendered by him are extremely popular.
- Awards: He had won the National Film Award and Kerala State Film Award in Special Jury Award in 1999 for his performance as Ramu in Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njaanum.
- In 2002, he was also awarded Filmfare Awards in Best Villan (Tamil) category for the film Gemini.
Categories: Persons in News 2017