Renowned Marathi writer MD Hatkananglekar passes away
Renowned Marathi literary critic, writer and translator Madhukar Dattatreya Hatakananglekar passed away in Sangli district of Maharashtra. He was 89.
Madhukar Dattatreya Hatakananglekar
- He was born in 1927 in Hatkanangale, a town in Ichalkaranji of Kolhapur district in Maharashtra.
- Earlier in 2008, he was president of Akhil Bhartiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan held at Sangli.
- In 1956, he started his career as Professor of Marathi language in Willindon College, Sangli. In 1973, he was promoted as Principal and retired in 1978.
- He had written several books in Marathi. He also had translated many Marathi short stories in English and was associated with a number of literary institutions in Maharashtra.
- He had written many articles in Satyakatha (सत्यकथा) magazine. In 1986, he founded Ugawai (उगवाई) magazine.