Rozle Prezelj elected as new Chairman of IAAF Athletes’ Commission
Slovenian high-jumper Rozle Prezelj (36) has been elected the new chairman of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Athletes’ Commission.
He will replace Namibian Frank Fredericks with immediate effect who reached the end of his term. Britain’s marathon world record-holder Paula Radcliffe was nominated vice-chairwoman of the commission.
About Rozle Prezelj
- Born on 26 September 1979,
- He had represented Slovenia in high jump at the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Olympics.
- He was European Under-23 champion in 2001. He had set a national record of 2.32 metres in 2012 before retiring in 2014.
About International Association of Athletics Federations
- The IAAF is the international governing body for the sport of athletics.
- Founded in 1912 as the International Amateur Athletics Federation at the organization’s first congress in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Headquarters: Monaco.
- Members: 214 federations from across the globe.
- President: Sebastian Coe (United Kingdom).
Categories: Persons in News 2017