SBI launches mobile wallet app ‘Buddy’
India’s largest banking entity State Bank of India (SBI) launched a Mobile wallet application dubbed as ‘SBI Buddy’.
It was launched by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley at a function held at State Bank Bhavan, Nariman Point in Mumbai. SBI’s first female Chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya was also present on the occasion.
Key features of SBI Buddy
- Aims at providing convenient and secure digital payment system to its customers.
- It was launched in collaboration with Accenture and Mastercard.
- The application is available in 13 languages with several features including bill payment, all types of ticket bookings for movies, flights, payment and cash transfer among others.
- It also has features like reminders to recharge, bill payments, dues settlement etc.
- At present the app is available only on android based phones and can be downloaded from Google Play Store. SBI soon is going to launch this app on Apple App Store.
- State Bank of India also launched SBI Foundation, a subsidiary as an implementing agency for its corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities.
- Union Finance Minister unveiled website and the logo of SBI Foundation on the occasion of launching the SBI Buddy application.
- SBI foundation will encourage, promote and develop causes related to environment, education, children welfare, women empowerment and manage all the CSR activities of the SBI Group.
Categories: Banking Current Affairs 2017