Sunil Sabharwal re-nominated as Alternate Executive Director at IMF
Sunil Sabharwal, an independent Indian-American investor has been re-nominated as Alternate Executive Director at International Monetary Fund (IMF).
He was re-nominated to key post at IMF by US President Barack Obama. In this regard, President Obama has forwarded his decision to re-nominate Sabharwal to the US Senate.
For first time he was nominated Alternate Executive Director at IMF in April 2014.
About Sunil Sabharwal
- Sabharwal was born in 1964 in New Delhi and later moved to Budapest, Hungary.
- He graduated from The Ohio State University and post-graduated from the London Business School.
- He had worked at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development as Principal Banker from 1992 to 1996.
- Then he moved at GE Capital and held several positions including Managing Director from 1997 to 2003.
- Sabharwal was also Senior Vice President of Strategic Investments at First Data Corporation/Western Union from 2003 to 2006. Since 2006, he has been an independent investor in the payments sector.
- From 2011 to 2013, he was the Chairman of the Board of Ogone, a European ecommerce payment services company.