Anandi Ramalingam has assumed charge as Director Marketing of the Public sector Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL).
With this she becomes first woman to be appointed as the Director of the company. Prior to this appointment, she was the general manager heading the Military Communication Strategic Business Unit (SBU) at BEL’s Bengaluru Complex.
About Anandi Ramalingam
- Ramalingam had joined BEL in March 1985 after completing her BE in Electronics and Communication engineering (ECE) from the PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- In the last 20 years, she had gained rich experience in equipment testing working across various domains of military communication including heading testing for Shakti.
- Shakti is the flagship Artillery Combat Command and Control System, developed by BEL and DRDO for the AREN (Army Radio Engineered Network) and Indian Army.
About Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- BEL is state-owned aerospace and defence company with about nine factories and few regional offices across India.
- It is owned by the Central Government and primarily manufactures advanced electronic products for the Indian Armed Forces.
- BEL is one of nine PSUs under the Union Ministry of Defence of India. It has been accorded Navratna status.