Andhra Pradesh has been ranked number one in the World Bank’s ‘Energy Efficiency Implementation Readiness’.
The ranking of the states were released in the World Bank’s study report titled: ‘India’s State Level Energy Efficiency Implementation Readiness’.
- Andhra Pradesh topped with overall score of 42.01 followed by Rajasthan (41.89), Karnataka (39.34) and Maharashtra (39.29).
- Kerala, Gujarat, Delhi (UT), Punjab, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh are the other states in the top ten ranking in that order.
- Andhra Pradesh topped the list by achieving an energy saving of 1,500 million units (MU) i.e. around 650 MW in two years through use of LED lighting.
- The World Bank study suggests adoption of achievable energy savings targets against the identified energy efficiency interventions.
- It also calls upon the states to endeavour to bring sector-specific energy efficiency policies with definite goals and time-bound action plans.