The first phase of ESIC (Employees State Insurance Corporation) Pilot Project of Telemedicine Services was launched for providing specialist medical services at a distance to insured workers.
It was launched by the Union Minister of State (MoS) for Labour and Employment Bandaru Dattatreya in New Delhi.
- In the first phase, ESIC Model Hospital at Basaidarapur has been connected with three ESIS dispensaries at Katihar (Bihar), Unnao (Uttar Pradesh) and Rudarpur (Uttarakhand).
- ESIC has been launched as pilot project for telemedicine services at 11 ESI locations in coordination with C-DAC, Mohali.
- It was launched under the aegis of “Digital Inclusive and Smart Community (DISC)” which is a part of Digital India Programme of Union Government.
- Under it, three specialized ESIC Hospitals will be connected with eight ESI Dispensaries at remote locations of country where there are no specialized healthcare services available.
- In second and third phase rest of the two Hospitals and five Dispensaries will be connected for providing specialized health care services at the doorsteps of insured workers.