India officially became the Associate Member State of European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO).
In this regard, Union Ministry of Science and Technology has signed an agreement to acquire the status of Associate Member of EMBO.
India is second country outside the European region to be an Associate Member State of EMBO. First one being Singapore which had signed such agreement with European Molecular Biology Conference (EMBC) in 2015.
- This move will strengthen interaction and collaborative research between India and Europe in the field of molecular biology.
- Indian Researchers will now be eligible to participate in all EMBO programmes and activities taking place across the world.
- Indian scientists now can apply for its programmes, such as long-term fellowships for postdoctoral researchers, courses, short-term fellowships and workshops etc.
About European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO)
- EMBO is a professional organization of life scientists in Europe. Presently, it has more than 1700 leading researchers.
- Founded: 1964
- Headquarters: Heidelberg, Germany.
- Functions: It promotes research in life science and enables international exchange of scientific information between scientists.
- Support talented researchers at all stages of their careers and also stimulate scientific information exchange.
- It organizes courses, conferences and workshops, publishes four international scientific journals and supports projects of individual scientists.