India’s largest private sector lender ICICI Bank has rolled out iWork@Home programme for its women employees for up to a year.
It was launched by Chanda Kochhar, Managing Director and CEO of ICICI Bank on the occasion of International Women’s Day (8th March).
- iWork@Home programme is an information and communication technology (ICT) initiative that seeks to prevent women employees from dropping out of its workforce.
- It is based on face recognition technology that will facilitate women employee to work from home and provide access to the bank’s core banking servers under.
- The technology has been developed by ICICI Bank in partnership with students from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi.
- This platform creates seamless virtual office-like environment that allows women employees to access to their required operating systems in a safe and secure manner.
- It will allow women employees to carry out multiple tasks that include checking documents for loan disbursement, processing of export-import documents for payments and image-based verification of cheques for clearance etc.
- The platform is highly secured as it allows employees to access only after facial recognition and logs her out if she leaves her seat.