The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has issued Guidelines for transparent bidding process for setting up of 1000 MW Wind Power Project connected to inter-state transmission system (ISTS).
The guidelines have been issued for implementation of Scheme launched in June 2016 for providing power purchase agreements for electricity generated from 1,000-MW wind power projects.
As per Guidelines
- Wind Power Projects will be selected through transparent and open competitive bidding followed by e-reverse auction for setting up of 1000 MW Wind Power Projects.
- The capacity these Wind Power Projects may go higher than 1000 MW, if there is demand from Buying Entities.
- Under this Scheme, Discoms of non-windy State/UTs and also the bulk consumers of any State/UTs who intend to buy 10 MW or more can buy wind power.
- The PTC India Ltd, trading company will sign Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with wind projects at bidded tariff and back-to-back Power Sale Agreement (PSA) with Buying Entities at a pooled price of the total bids selected.
- The term of PSA and PPA will be 25 years. Bidder can bid for a minimum capacity of 50 MW and maximum up to 250 MW.
- The selected bidder is required to injected wind power at ISTS interconnection point and will be also allowed to install 5% of additional rated capacity that will compensate auxiliary consumption and system losses up to interconnection point.
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) had launched a Scheme for setting up of 1000 MW ISTS connected Wind Power Project in June 2016.
- The objective of the Scheme is to encourage competitiveness through scaling up of project sizes and introduction of efficient and transparent e-bidding and e-auctioning processes.
- It seeks to facilitate fulfilment of Non-Solar Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) requirement of non-windy states.
- Provisions also have been made in the Tariff Policy to waive the inter-state transmission charges and losses in order to facilitate transmission of wind power from these windy states to non-windy states.