Rajasthan Government has launched Annapurna Rasoi Scheme to provide quality meal at cheap price to poor and needy on lines with Tamil Nadu Government’s Amma canteens.
It was launched by Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje at Jaipur Municipal Corporation campus. The tagline for the scheme is: “Sabke liye bhojan, sabke liye sammaan (Food for all, respect for all)”.
- The food under this scheme will be provided at subsidized rates, breakfast at Rs 5 per plate and lunch/dinner at Rs 8 per plate.
- Local Self Government department of Rajasthan is the nodal agency for the scheme. The meals will be cooked and served by staff trained in hospitality.
- It will be distributed by 80 mobile vans at locations decided by local self-help agencies in districts.
- The main beneficiary of the scheme will be rickshaw pullers, labourers, auto drivers, students, working women, elders and other weaker section.
- In the first phase the scheme will be started in 12 districts. They are Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Ajmer, Bharatpur, Bikaner, Pratapgarh, Kota, Banswara, Dungarpur, Baran and Jhalawar. The remaining 21 districts of state will be covered in second phase.