Union Cabinet apporves agreement between India and Poland for cooperation in agriculture
The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of an Agreement between India and Poland on cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
Decision in this regard was taken by the Union Cabinet meeting chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
- The agreement covers various activities in the field of agriculture and allied sector including exchange of information on the current situation in agriculture.
- It also includes exchange of information on the phytosanitary conditions of crops, threats posed by harmful organisms and animal infectious diseases.
- It also covers participation in fairs, exhibitions, seminars and conferences related to agriculture and agri-food processing.
- It also includes undertaking and developing joint economic initiatives including the support or agrifood trade between the states of the Contracting Parties.
- The Agreement provides for constitution of a Joint Working Group (JWG) comprising of representatives of both countries.
- The JWG will prepare plans of cooperation and also provide solutions to the problems arising during the implementation of the Agreement.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017