Union Cabinet approves agreement between India and Jordan on maritime transport
Union Cabinet meeting chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 22 April 2015 gave its approval for signing of a shipping agreement between India and Jordan.
The agreement aims at strengthening cooperation between both nations in the area of shipping and to provide sustained mutual assistance and advice on merchant shipping and other related maritime matters.
The agreement will help both countries to
- Facilitate and encourage development of their maritime relationship.
- Cooperation in the task to enhance and stimulate steady growth of maritime traffic.
- Training and exchange of staff and students from various maritime establishments.
- Accelerate and facilitate flow of commercial goods at sea and at ports by exchange of necessary information.
- Establishment of joint ventures (JV) in maritime transportation, shipbuilding and repairs, maritime training, information technology, including development of simulators, port facilities and related activities.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017