Union Cabinet approves MoU between India and Vietnam for cooperation in the field of Animal Health
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Vietnam for cooperation in the field of Animal Health.
The MoU aims to promote mutual cooperation between Vietnam and India through joint activities in the areas of Animal Health and was signed in September, 2014.
Under the MoU both sides have agreed to:
- Exchange special information on animal health particularly information on status of animal diseases of common concern along with standards and procedures for animal quarantine and inspection status.
- Exchange the progress of monitoring and surveillance programmes in place for animal diseases and food borne pathogens.
- Exchange special information in the area of meat processing, meat products and slaughter houses or abattoirs.
- Set up Mutual Recognition Agreement on Veterinary hygiene along with health certificate between competent authorities.
- Mutually cooperate in the field of upgrading and training human resources in the field of animal health.
The MoU will remain in force for a period of 10 years or unless either of the signatory partiy give prior written notice of its intention to terminate it.
Categories: India Current Affairs 2017